Rene is an associate in the firm’s litigation department. He was called to the bar in 2011 and began his practice as a barrister appearing before the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court and in particular, the Commercial Court in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). His main practice areas are Civil, Commercial, Trust and Corporate Litigation; Enforcement of Securities and Recovery Actions; Arbitration and Employment Law. He is experienced in preparing and conducting complex multi jurisdictional litigation in the areas of company management and shareholders’ disputes.
Prior to joining the firm’s litigation department, Rene provided advice to financial institutions and regulatory agencies on corporate finance and payment system regulation.
Rene is also actively involved in his Rotary Club and served as President for the 2021/2022 Rotary Year.
- Civil, Commercial, Trust And Corporate Litigation
- Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Labour And Employment Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Banking and Payment Systems Regulation
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Fraud, Asset Tracing & Freezing Injunctions
- Enforcement Of Securities, Debt Collection and Recovery Actions
- Director & Shareholder Disputes
- Contentious probate and estate matters
- Construction Law
- Legal Education Certificate, Hugh Wooding Law School
- Bachelors of Law (with Honours), The University of the West Indies
- Bachelors of Science in Economics (with Honours), The University of the West Indies
- Member, Barbados Bar Association (BBA)
- Member, Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States(OECS) Bar Association
Barbados and Dominica (2011)
British Virgin Islands (2013)
T: + (246) 436 6287
F: +1 (246) 436 9812 and +1(246) 436 9926